In the largest CBD raid in history (so far), police shut down 23 suburban Nashville stores for selling CBD products Monday afternoon. Though no arrests were made on scene, citations were issued to 21 people who were selling “a candy that resembled Gummie Bears with CBD,” Nashville TV station WSMV reported.
In explaining why the businesses were shut down, Rutherford County Sheriff Mike Fitzhugh said that cannabidiol is “an illegal drug” and that CBD is a derivative of marijuana,”. “They obviously are made to look like candy, and it’s gonna attract your kids to it” the Sheriff told WSMV.
Tennessee Hemp Industries Association President Joe Kirkpatrick is confident the businesses will be cleared of wrongdoing. “The law is very clear that an ingestible or topical industrial hemp derived products are legal as long as the product contains less than 0.3% THC,” Kirkpatrick said.
Below is a full list of businesses that were padlocked by police for selling CBD in Tennessee:
- Last Stop Market, 6858 Lascassas Pike
- Murfreesboro: Vapesboro. 1675 Middle Tennessee Blvd.
- Stop-N-Go, 1624B New Salem Highway
- Stop-N-Shop, 490 St. Andrews Dr.
- Enchanted Planet, 109 E. Lytle St.
- T&B Tobacco & Beer, 5524 NW Broad St.
- Quick Stop Discount Tobacco and Beer, 1722 S. Rutherford Blvd.
- 99 Cents Discount Tobacco, 3325 Memorial Blvd.
- Kaleidoscope, 3325 Memorial Blvd.
- Y&H Discount Tobacco and Beer, 2075 Lascassas Pike
- A&M Tobacco & Beer, 2075 Lascassas Pike
- Kaleidoscope, 2992 S. Church St.
- Magical Vapors, 517 W. Main St.
- Smyrna: Kwik Sak, 1219 Hazelwood Dr.
- TN Vape & Smoke, 901 Rock Springs Rd.
- Stop & Shop Tobacco & Beer, 901 Rock Springs Rd.
- One Stop Shop Tobacco & Beer, 1872 Almaville Rd.
- Magical Vapors, 505 E. Enon Springs Rd.
- Cloud 9, 105 Jefferson St.
- La Vergne: Waldron Market, 606 Waldron Rd.
- Family Market Discount Tobacco and Beer
- 546 Waldron Rd.
- Tobacco Brew & Chew, 5104 Waldron Rd.
- La Vergne Vapor, 5234 Murfreesboro Rd.